Making It Practical
Good teaching always helps students to apply the concepts from the classroom in the real world. So be sure to make your teaching practical by helping students get a clear picture of how they can take the ideas of this lesson and apply them. For example, for this teaching you may brainstorm specific ways that your students can be the light of the world. Your list may look something like this:
1. Type out a prayer for a friend and e-mail it to them.
2. Post a Bible promise on your friend’s locker.
3. Call a friend that you know is going through a hard time and just listen.
4. Bake some cookies for your neighbors.
5. Organize a singing band to visit a nursing home.
6. Pick up litter in the slums.
7. Collect canned food for a local food bank.