Ten Tips for Teachers (from Award-winning Teachers)
1. Know the content.
2. Study the science and art of teaching.
3. Observe great teaching and reflect on what might work for you.
4. Meet with people who value teaching.
5. Be willing to experiment.
6. You won’t always be effective, but strive to daily give your best.
7. Be enthusiastic!
8. Genuinely care about students.
9. Get to know your students.
10. Ask for feedback; be grateful for criticism.
(Adapted from www.psychologicalscience.org/observer/getArticle.cfm?id=174)