Taking It Personally
Making the lesson personal and applicable to the student is key for making it have meaning in their own life.
● For this reason write three words on a large pad or board:
● Ask students to write examples of rewards they received or hope to receive based upon their dedication and hard work.
● Ask students what compensation they hope their achievements bring them.
● Ask students what part congratulation plays in their motivation to work and achieve.
● Compare that with the example of John the Baptist’s earthly rewards/congratulations for following his call.
● Lead them into a discussion of what it means to receive rewards of spiritual and eternal value.